TECO Valve Treat
TECO VALVE TREAT is a liquid compound that contains chemicals proven
Features & Benefits
• Reduces high temperature corrosion
• Reduces fouling in
• Separates emulsified water in fuel and enhances water separation at the separator
• Raises the melting point of sodium vanadium fuel ash
• Keeps exhaust valves and turbochargers clean
• Extends life of valves, cylinders, etc.
• Reduces corrosion effects caused by vanadium and sodium impurities
• Acid reduction in the exhaust system
• Protects the engine and reduces unscheduled maintenance and expensive breakdowns
Adding TECO VALVE TREAT to bunker fuel forms a complex compound, that deactivates the
675°C and that of sodium sulfate is 880°C. When TECO VALVE TREAT is employed, the complexes
TECO VALVE TREAT is used both in steam and motor vessels burning heavy fuel oils to improve
Directions for use
TECO VALVE TREAT is introduced manually into the fuel tanks prior or during bunkering. The fuel
The TECO CHEMICAL FOT dosing system is recommended.
Dosage requirements depend on the nature and amount of impurities, but typical dosage rate is 1 l of
TECO VALVE TREAT per 4 tons of fuel oil, considering a normal vanadium level of 100 PPM. To
Example of our dosage rate is: A fuel containing 100 ppm vanadium and 50 ppm sodium. The dosage
rate will be: 1 l TECO VALVE TREAT per 4 tons of fuel (1:4000).
TECO VALVE TREAT is usually available in steel drums of 25 l.