TECO Hardness Control Liquid
Liquid boiler water conditioner.
Features & Benefits
• Quick dissolving, fast acting phosphate-based compound
• Reduces hardness in boiler water and prevents formation of calcium and magnesium scale
• Converts hardness salts to non-adherent sludge that can be removed by blowdown
• Easy to mix and easy to dose
• Simple to test and simple to control level of treatment
• Can be used on all types of boilers and all pressures
• Maintains the boilers’ optimum phosphate levels to avoid scale and corrosion
• Stops the boiler from scaling and maintains the system in optimal condition
• Economical to use
• Reduces the need for chemical cleaning
TECO HARDNESS CONTROL LIQUID is a highly efficient phosphate-based liquid, designed to stop
calcium ions from adhering to the metal surfaces and condition them for blowdown. This product is
easy to use and easy to dose.
TECO HARDNESS CONTROL LIQUID is added to the boiler water to maintain an optimum phosphate
level. Under these conditions, calcium and magnesium hardness salts cannot form and the precipitate
can be removed by blowdown. Please note: This product is part of a TECO CHEMICALS coordinated
treatment and should not be used with a combined treatment.
Direction for use
The dosage of the product is 200 ml/l. For optimum results, the product should be dosed directly into the
boiler via a by-pass pot feeder installed in the boiler feed line.
The recommended control limits are:
Phosphate: 20 - 40 ppm (LP boiler)
Phosphate: 10 - 30 ppm (HP boiler)
Analysis is carried out using TECO CHEMICALS TEST KIT PHOSPHATE.
TECO HARDNESS CONTROL LIQUID is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l.